Sunday 7 July 2013

Save the day!

The brilliant wedding planner that is my mum, has been nagging me for months to get these finished and off to the printers, well finally they are done!

Following on my superhero theme, I have taken the Noir style and created a fun little strip for me and Gaz as superheroes.
The invitations will follow this on into a whole little story later on. I'm currently working on them.

Designing for other people I dont tend to have trouble with, but designing my own wedding stationary is proving to be very difficult. I think this is down to the fact that I am my own worst critic, even though I have had these practically done for the last month, each weekend I have come back to them for more tweaking.
This weekend was my cut off, my last cut off being two weeks ago (but again... critic!). So after a few hours today, all sorted... I hope.







Little budget tip here... I am having them printed on Ebay. For 100 double sided A5 card I have paid £26 with free postage.
(a little more then I needed but they only sell in 50s. There is only £3 difference between 50 and 100 so im not too fussed that I only need 70).
Compare that too Staples or any wedding invitation sellers, and you've got a bargin.

The only thing that has helped me is that I've had a few years learning photoshop. For others out there who may need a little help putting stationary together, just let me know and I would be happy to create something to your taste.

Otherwise check out Etsy for sellers who sell the printable stationary.  You can grab them for not very much and then have them printed on Ebay and still get the save the dates done for under £100.

Etsy save the date printables







Inspiration ideas for budding superheros




























No comments:

Post a Comment