Sunday 30 June 2013

The road so far...

So far on my journey through planning a wedding, we have decided on the venue:

Studley castle in Worcestershire ( yes there is a castle in Studley, I was shocked too)


We have also finally decided (after much moaning from the groom) to have a Catholic wedding at St Marys Church just down the road from the venue.




Very traditional so far yes?
Well thats where the tradition ends... we also decided on having a SUPERHERO theme for the reception. 

Not having alot of spare cash, (I have just finished university and we are still living as young broke 20 somethings) we agreed to do everything ourselves, a DIY wedding. 

I am very lucky that my fantastic mother is a crafting genius. She is taking on alot with this wedding: flowers, decorations, cakes, favours and the accessories and jewellery for me and the brides maids. As we go along, she will be posting up tutorials of all the things she is making, so look out for her.

As for me, I am designing  making all the printable stuff, save the dates, invitations, order of services, table plans, cards and cake boxes.

Again as we go I will post all of our stuff up on here.  






No comments:

Post a Comment